Wednesday, March 28, 2007

ThisPlusThat

A classic statement from William Bernstein, the brain surgeon turned investment adviser:

A stockbroker services his clients the way Bonnie and Clyde serviced banks.

***

I've written two articles, sent copies to the two people interviewed. I'm afraid that they will give me trouble--rewriting the artiicles. Some people do. I might have to kill those articles if they do. Or should I just ignore any changes they make? Unless they are factual changes?

***

Suzanne, an old (not in that sense!) friend, and I looked in the window of a store in Nyack, where we often shop. It was closed. But there was a spittoon there, an old brass one, and I would have bought it if the store had been opened. She went back, bought it, and mailed it to me! (Well, she went back to buy some clothes for her kid, too.)

***

My next vacation: India? Plus China?

***