Wednesday, November 14, 2007

"How do we beat the bitch?"

When Billie Jean King beat Bobby Riggs in tennis, years ago, I felt terrible. She should be tested for drugs, I said angrily.

And to this day I still am pleased when I see that, in marathons, where men compete against women, the men are far superior.

Being a man, and being therefore superior to women, still is, clearly, imbedded in my brain.

Boys in grade school and high school didn’t carry books next to them, but at their sides. Unlike girls.
If you threw a ball ungracefully, you threw like a girl.

A high school classmate – angry, isolated – told me, feel ‘em, fuck ‘em, and forget ‘em. (I suspect that, as an older man now, he’s still a virgin.)

A neighbor of mine in St. Louis once showed me his resume. At the top were the two things he was most proud of: male caucasian.

So a woman asked McCain, how do we do beat the bitch?

Do you remember when Barbara Bush said that Geraldine Ferraro, who was running for vice-president against her husband, was something that rhymed with witch?

Hillary hatred-. I get emails from men – older men—so threatened by a woman’s possibly being placed above them that they are overflowing with hatred. One email called her a cunt.

I like Hillary. She’s pro-choice and anti-war. For national health insurance. What else does anyone need to know?

So, why do women hate Hillary? They identify with certain insecure men. Women should, they believe, stay in their place. The way they themselves do.

As for women like the intelligent Arianna Huffington, well, these ambitious women are pissed that someone else is making it big in politics. They are envious.

Anyway, I’m reconciled to the fact that Billie Jean King was able to beat Bobby Riggs. I’ve matured. A bit.

Unlike the Hillary haters.