Saturday, January 06, 2007

Huffington Post

I submitted something innocuous to the Huffington Post, the daily newsletter, but it was rejected.

I've thought about it. And my explanation is that there's strict censorship at the site. Censorship because of...in part ... rampant antisemitism. That's why new posts have to be scrutinized carefully.

I've dropped out of other Democratic blogs because they were giving Jew-haters a forum. And I suspect that the Huff blog gets a flood of antisemitic messages.

When you can write anything you want, your primitive side comes out--the return of the repressed. That's one message of the Borat phenomenon: So many otherwise normal human beings hate Jews. Let's throw the Jews down the well.

Arianna used to be Stassinopoulos. She wrote a book about sex differences under that name (Stassino...), when she was in her 20s. I wrote about it; damn fine book.

But I'm suspicious of right-wingers who become left-wingers. I remember her on a Wm F Buckley TV program, fawning all over him. "Oh, I'm so happy to be on your side!" If I had been on that panel, I would have said: I think I'm going to throw up.